27.3.15

Away from Facebook, back to blogging

The time has come for myself and Facebook to part ways. We had a good run of nearly 8 years. Now I feel like I have wasted enough of my time and energy on communicating via snappy one-liners, tortured puns and accidental insults. I'm exhausted. I'm getting old. I need real communication with fewer people who I actually have a chance of knowing. I also need more time for creative writing, painting and playing with my son - oh, and my husband :)

This post is for those on Facebook who do know me. This is where I will be, occasionally, to update on whatever I find interesting. There is no umbrella, no genre or topic. It may not be what's 'trending' on Facebook, now that I get to decide :) I've had this blog since 2006 and I know - it's in Finnish. If that's not your cup of tea, don't worry. I promise to write in English too. I actually find it easier now, which is a little worrying.

The only way I can sort of delete my Facebook account and keep business pages running is to remove ALL friends and information and maybe change my account name. So please don't take this personally.

I'm really excited to see how this change will affect my life and aim to keep you updated... I've done my research and it seems there is a chance I will be considered 'suspicious'. Apparently, only mass murderers don't have Facebook accounts. Well, let's change that. There is a chance I will miss out. There is a chance people will think I'm dead. It's a chance I'm willing to take.

No comments :

Post a Comment